Care & Maintenance
Mechanically Honed Concrete
with Ameripolish™ SR• Stain Protection
A diamond ground & honed concrete floor with Ameripolish SR• Stain Protection is durable, functional and easy to maintain. Your care & maintenance schedule will depend on the flooring environment and individual circumstances.
Regular dry and wet cleaning is the basis of your program.
1. Vacuum or dust mop floors daily. A microfiber dry mop works best. Walk-off floor mats placed at exterior entrances help alleviate abrasive dirt, salts, etc. from being introduced onto the surface.
2. Deposits from spills should be removed as soon as possible.
3. Wet clean floors at least once a week. Heavy traffic floors may need to be cleaned more frequently. Use recommended cleaning product for best results. Use loop end wet mops or microfiber wet mops for damp or wet mopping. For better results use automatic floor machines fitted with diamond impregnated pads. Turn off ionizer switch to avoid early deterioration of floor. Never use Pine-Sol or products containing ammonia, bleach, citrus or vinegar. Never use acidic or highly alkaline cleaners. Do not use “Swiffer Wet-Jet” type cleaning equipment.
BUFFING & BURNISHING
For better results than a cleaning program only, you can periodically machine your floor with a diamond impregnated pad.
1. Buffing with a (175 rpm) floor machine
2. Burnishing with a (1500 rpm) floor machine
At some point, whether because of heavy traffic or neglect, your floor may deteriorate beyond the capabilities of a cleaning program with periodic buffing and burnishing.
1. Chemical – A reapplication of SR• with high-speed burnishing will protect and extend the chemical and water resistance of your floor. SR• does not require mechanical preparation before reapplication.
2. Mechanical – A planetary grinding machines fitted with diamond tooling can be used to restore a visibly worn floor.